In recent years I have noticed the trend of having a non-typical guestbook at events. Expecting mother’s/father’s have been requesting a guestbook that can be displayed in the baby’s room.
For under $15 you can make something that will stand the test of time.
- Onesie (buy on sale for >$5)
- Aim to use or a plain color
- Picture fame (Walmart $8 or Thrift store)
- Make sure to buy one that can fit the onesie’s length
- Wrapping paper ($1 at dollar tree)
- If you are having a large shower, please consider use plain color paper, that way it may also be used a signing area as well.
- Fine markers ($1 at dollar tree)
- Iron on sheets (Optional)
- Please see the tutorial on how to personalize a onesie
- First, you should take the picture frame apart and brush off any debris.
- Next, wrap and tape the cardboard portion with your wrapping paper, ensuring that the display area is smooth and free from tape.
- Then, place the onesie on the cardboard and staple it place. Place the staples under the top layer to hide them from view.
- Note: Some staples may show because you may have to fold some portions of the onesie to fit in the frame.
- Reassemble the frame.
While at the event, you will need to disassemble the frame once more and keep the glass/plastic out of sight. Place instructions and fine markers near the onesie and ask the guest to sign it. At the end of the shower reassemble and present to the mother.